Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Photos and Song of Blades and Heroes

     Turns out I didn't have a memory card in when Steve and I played.  I will have to get some pics when we meet next.  I did play around with the photos from the Poitiers game from a few weeks ago.  I am still toying with things several months after switching over to a Mac.








I made a short video out of some of the pictures, not really a battle report, just an overview.

     I am always looking for fun fast skirmish games.  Recently I came upon Song of Blades and Heroes by Ganesha Games.  I have found it to be really enjoyable and easily adaptable.  I joined the Yahoo Group and found a Dragon Noir conversion in the files section.   I am an old Cry Havoc fan from the eighties and decided to stat out some troops and play some Cry Havoc scenarios.

     I still need to tweak a few things, and I have a couple of questions that need to be answered, but I was quite pleased with the results.  Never one to play it safe; I decided to stress test the concept and jump right in to a rather large scenario.  I am trying it out on the capture of Mantes in 1364 by Du Guesclin.

     Using a cart with some soldiers disguised as wine growers, the French blocked the drawbridge at one of the town gates and rushed in to overpower the defenders and seize the town.  So using several varied war bands, operating in a medieval urban environment, and using a new set of rules... Did I mention I don't always play it safe?  I set out to see what would happen.

I will let ya’ll know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment